Expert Group Meeting on “Navigating Policy and Data to Leave No One Behind”
The meeting brought together statisticians and SDG national focal points to discuss and propose recommendations for the high-level 6th session of the Committee on Statistics, which will take place on 16-19 October 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
The Committee at its 5th session requested that the subsequent session of the Committee be held as a high-level session to galvanize whole-of-government commitment and support to fully realizing the regional ambition for advancing official statistics for the 2030 Agenda. This shared ambition is outlined in the Collective Vision (E/ESCAP/CST(5)/1/Rev.1), which was endorsed by the Committee on Statistics. The collective vision is in line with the commitments made by the governments to support national statistical systems in the Regional Roadmap for Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific (73rd Session of the Commission).
Download meeting photos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18xQLG81yo54XEBDlTJY7fLCtOP788-t6...
- Session 1: A/RES/70/1 frames follow-up and review around national, regional and global processes
- Session 1: Policy-Data Link: whole-of-government support
- Session 1: Actions by the statistical community
- Session 1: Expert Group on Disaster-Related Statistics for Asia and Pacific
- Session 1: Regional Steering Group on Population and Social Statistics
- Session 1: Group work arrangement
- Session 3: Group work questions