Professional development opportunity: Effective Stakeholder Engagement for the 2030 Agenda
Call for Applications
Deadline (extended): Friday 29 June 2018
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) is calling for expressions of interest in professional development on stakeholder engagement. The workshops will be held in South-East Asia, South and South-West Asia, North and Central Asia, and the Pacific – between August 2018 and March 2019, with the first training workshop on 6-8 August 2018, in Jakarta.
Delivered by trainers licensed by the International Association for Public Participation of Australasia (IAP2) , the courses are aimed at supporting the delivery of purposeful, inclusive, pro-active and transformative engagement processes that contribute to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The courses will be delivered in English, with interpretation available in some places.
By the end of the three-day course, participants will be able to:
- better understand how effective engagement supports integrated and holistic implementation of the 2030 Agenda
- articulate the benefits of, and barriers to, effective engagement
- identify indicators of quality engagement and use them in planning and assessment
- design a stakeholder engagement process and develop a stakeholder engagement plan, with special focus on strengthening inclusion, integration and transformative potential of engagement.
- conduct stakeholder mapping and analysis
- identify opportunities to strengthen institutional support for more effective engagement processes
Participants will be invited to share a case study on stakeholder engagement from their own, or other initiatives, and to participate in other follow-up activities.
This training event will be especially relevant to:
- Government officials with direct responsibility for stakeholder engagement for the 2030 Agenda and in other national policy or strategic planning contexts
- Government officials involved in coordinating the integration of the SDGs into national planning, monitoring and follow-up and review at national, provincial or local levels
- Project staff and experienced or aspiring stakeholder engagement and facilitation professionals who have worked with government processes for the SDGs (or the MDGs)
- Members of civil society responsible for the engagement of their own constituencies in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda
Full funding will be available from the organizers for some applicants, with priority being given to applicants from 2018 and 2019 VNR countries (https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/vnrs/). For other selected applicants, partial funding may be available.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to participate, please fill out this online form, by Friday 29 June 2018 highlighting:
- your role and experience in working with the 2030 Agenda and the sustainable development goals
- your role and experience in processes that involve stakeholders
- key issues in stakeholder engagement that you would like the training to address/support
- your motivations for applying
Course dates and additional information will be circulated to applicants by Friday, 10 July 2018. Further information may be requested to facilitate final decision-making on participation and funding.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Hitomi Rankine, Environmental Affairs Officer, Environment and Development Division at firstname.lastname@example.org and Arun, Jacob, Environmental Affairs Officer, Environment and Development Division at email@example.com