Workshop and Stakeholders Consultation on Enhancing MSMEs Financing in Cambodia with Comparative Perspectives from Nepal and Republic of Korea
Micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) constitute the largest number of companies and they make a significant contribution to economic growth and job creation across countries in Asia and the Pacific. However, they often encounter barriers and challenges in accessing finance. To better understand options for MSMEs to overcome these barriers, ESCAP is preparing a series of detailed national studies in selected countries of the region in partnership with the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) and the Council for International Financial Cooperation (CIFC) of the Republic of Korea.
The studies are based on a common framework which reviews and evaluates the various mechanisms in place in each country to support MSMEs access to finance, including relevant policy and regulatory frameworks, lending infrastructure, business models, and the role of development banks and fintech. The first studies of the series have been implemented in Cambodia, Nepal and Republic of Korea.
This workshop and stakeholders’ consultation in Phnom Penh will discuss the MSME finance study of Cambodia, which has been implemented by an independent Study Team under the guidance of an Advisory Committee led by the Ministry of Industry and Handicrafts. The results and recommendations of the study will be presented for discussion to policy makers and government officials from relevant agencies involved in MSMEs, representative from business associations and financial institutions, and development partners. The MSME finance studies of Nepal and the Republic of Korea will also be presented during the workshop to provide comparative perspectives, facilitate exchanges of information, and share good practices.
- Session 1 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Sopheara
- Session 1 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Chhea
- Session 1 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_MEF
- Session 1 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_NBC
- Session 1 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_AMK
- Session 2 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Achyut
- Session 2 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Jaejoon
- Session 2 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Shieghiro
- Session 2 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Tej
- Session 3 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Naoyuki
- Session 4 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Questions
- Session 4 MSMEs Access to Finance in Cambodia_Recommendations