Workshop on Strengthening Transport Operational Connectivity between Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Viet Nam and Thailand
Over the past several years, Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Viet Nam and Thailand (CLMV-T) have exerted efforts to improve their transport and logistics efficiency and inter-country connectivity including by practical actions and a more intense use of intermodal transport.
However, transport facilitation among these countries still faces numerous challenges that include: limited transport and transit rights, inadequate facilities to efficiently handle cross-border traffic, less harmonized regulations and procedures, complicated documents, and other non-physical barriers.
The current challenges to the transport sector points to an opportunity for developing and operationalizing integrated intermodal transport systems that can act as key enablers of sustainable transport and hence sustainable development. The integrated intermodal transport systems can bring several benefits such as: combination of strengths of each individual mode of transport, optimal use of existing transport capacities and infrastructure; support to development of rural areas by strengthening their links with national and regional transport networks; and promotion of sustainable development by ensuring optimal balance among its economic, social and environmental dimensions.
Hence, Transport Division is organizing the Workshop on Strengthening Transport Operational Connectivity between Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Viet Nam and Thailand with the following objectives:
• Identify persisting and emerging key issues/challenges to transport facilitation among the participating countries and suggest solutions thereto;
• Share experiences among countries in planning and operationalizing integrated intermodal transport systems; and
• Discuss the feasibility of pilot projects implementing transport facilitation tools, to increase the transport operational connectivity among these countries.
Mr. Sandeep Raj Jain
- Country Presentation_Lao PDR
- Country Presentation_Myanmar
- Country Presentation_Thai Customs
- Country Presentation_Thailand
- Country Presentation_Viet Nam
- ESCAP Presentaiton - Policies to Plan and Operationalize Integrated Intermodal Transport Systems
- ESCAP Presentaiton - Regional Framworks and Tools
- ESCAP Presentaiton - Single Window Inspection-Single Stop Inspection
- ESCAP Presentation - Feasibility Study of Secure Cross Border
- ESCAP Presentation - Integrated Transport Planning Model
- ESCAP Presentation - Logistics Information System
- ESCAP Presentation - Technology for Transport Security
- KMI Presentation - National Logistics Master Plan